What is Cyber Wellness?
Cyber wellness refers to the positive well being of Internet users. It involves an understanding of online behaviour and awareness of how to protect oneself and others from harmful risks online.
Cyber Wellness in NTSS:
We strive to develop each Newtowner to be able to protect and empower themselves to take responsibility for their own well being in a potentially unpredictable and dangerous cyberspace by propagating and reinforcing Cyberwellness messages through school wide programmes.
In line with the Cyber Wellness Student Ambassador Programme launched by ETD in 2009, NTSS seeks to establish a more rigorous empowerment of students as Cyber Wellness Ambassadors with the motto: 4G “Guiding, Guarding, Growing with Gadgets“
The Cyber Wellness Ambassadors aim to guide their peers to be safe and discerning ICT users and champion cyber wellness efforts in NTSS.
These digital natives will be trained to:
– Champion the use of new media by guiding peers to harness the power of ICT for positive purposes and effective learning
– Promote safe, responsible yet meaningful use of ICT through Cyber Wellness/Cyber Safety
Click the links below to know more about Cyber Bullying
HOD / STAFF TO CONTACT:
- HOD ICT: Mr Tham Ming Hwee
- ICT Manager: Ms Iffa Iryani
- Cyber Wellness Coordinator: Mr Teoh Tick Meng