ENHANCED ART PROGRAMME (EAP)
Enhanced Art Programme (EAP)
New Town Secondary school is one of the 9 schools in Singapore to offer the Enhanced Art Programme (EAP). This an upper secondary programme that leads to the GCE O’ Level Art Examination.
It provides an enriched learning environment for students who are talented and inclined towards Art.
In our school, the EAP programme also seeks to develop resilient learners and confident leaders in the field of visual arts. This is done through laying foundation that builds confidence for students to discover and push artistic boundaries, as well as the opportunities and platforms to curate, exhibit and interact with art practioners.
Secondary 3 Express students with talent and interest in Art and have made it through the EAP entrance assessment will have a chance to be part of the programme. Art can be offered as one of their subjects for GCE O’ Level regardless of the subject combination they have chosen.
– Exploring acrylic and oil medium (Advance)
– Exploring digital medium (Advance)
– Curating and exhibition skills.
– NTSS Art Gallery (Termly artist talk/ workshop)
– Learning Journey to creative industries (eg: Industrial Light Magic)
– EAP Partnership programmes (Eg: Incubation Lab EAP [I-LEAP])
Snapshots of our Programme
Staff In Charge
Miss Siow Xing Yu (SH Aesthetics)
Mr Kalidass Jayaraman (ST Art)
Miss Chew Ying Ying